Rain, Rain Come Today!
Across our growing region we have a full range of crop conditions, but one common thread is that everyone would take some water today. Our forecaster had predicted a dryer and hotter than normal crop season (whatever normal is) and it looks to be coming true for the most part. FSA administers programs that can offer a range of services and programs to help anticipate and recover from drought conditions. NDSU recently held webinars on the following assistance programs offered at FSA.
- Conservation Reserve Program emergency haying and grazing
- Disaster declarations
- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP)
- Emergency loans
- Livestock Forage Program (LFP)
- Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
- NDSU livestock forage calculator demonstration
The webinar was recorded and is archived at: https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/drought/livestock/government-programs/government-programs
This is great information in one place for those interested.